Hi! I’m Nathan.
I’m a geek, fascinated by anything I can take apart and see the inner workings of. Software, hardware,
weird Frankenstein amalgamations of the two, count me in.
I’ve a tendency to run away down the rabbit hole with personal projects, normally attempting to learn as much as I can about any given interest.
The Day Job:
- By day I work for a multinational corporation where I lead a team of extremely talented software engineers and analysts.
- We works in some of the most technically challenging areas with some really cool tech, designing awesome systems and tools to insane deadlines.
- If I told you more?
I’d have to shoot you. A scary lawyer type would come and chastise me and remind me of the importance of Non Disclosure Agreements!
My Spare Time?
- I run far too much tech at home, just to see if I can – Occasionally to the eye-role and chagrin of my partner, and normally the fascination of the kids!- “What, you mean you don’t run an ESXI cluster, Git Repo, file server, nagios instance, home automation server, CCTV and DHCP / DNS / VPN in your own cupboard?!”
- RC Models have always intrigued me; from the adapted Lego with crystal radio my farther built me, to the modern 2.4GHz open source Deviation Firmware and great little Devo 7e that’s my go-to work horse now.
- I’m hooked on anything that flies. Right now that’s First Person multi-rotors.
- I want to live like Star Trek – The Amazon Echo is quickly becoming the fulcrum of our home, and yes, there’s lots of home-brew solutions
- I have a fantastic circle of people and friends that I love spending time with outdoors – We may be found dressed as pirates in a field near you drinking rum!